Join us for a brand new monthly event that will be shaped for us, by us. Starting this holiday season with a taster event to bring some realness to break up the Christmas schmaltz.
The arguments in favour of Brunch are incontestable. In the first place it renders early rising not only unnecessary but ridiculous . . . . Brunch . . . is cheerful sociable and inciting. It is talk-compelling. It puts you in a good temper; it makes you satisfied with yourself and your fellow beings.Guy Beringer, Brunch; A Plea (1895) Harper’s Weekly
It sweeps away the worries and cobwebs of the week
A ‘sociable’, ‘talk-compelling’ brunch with African diaspora flavours
Those who brunch are treated to an afternoon menu of participatory performance arts, skills exchange, debate,and Black Boy Joy, shaped by us and for us:
- BlackOut’s living library reading room opens for conversation across borders
- Topical debate, live-recorded by the nation’s leading Black queer podcasters
- An arts-skills taster session from poetry to dance, painting to digital design, storytelling to singing
- Reviving and celebrating the work of Black queer filmmakers with a specially curated short film series
- Make a collaborative documentary each month to build a public platform focused on the issues that matter to you
- It wouldn’t be our revolution if we couldn’t dance. The No Tea Tea Dance kicks-off with a ‘celebrity’ ‘Desert Island DJ’ set followed by up-and-coming new musical talent to end the weekend in style
The full line up for the event will be announced before Christmas. There are a limited number of places for the holiday event in December for Black Queer Men and their friends, first come, first served so don’t miss out
We are excited to be working with our new partners;
Arboretum, London’s independent members’ club where people who care about the planet convene, create and collaborate.
Shade Free @ Juice, The UK’s No1 Black owned LGBT+ Events
If you would like to contribute by performing, or leading a skills, development or arts workshop, find out more below, and get in touch with your pitch.