Join the first BlackOut Collective. Take a leading role in making a difference to the lives of Black Queer men in the UK
Perform a revolutionary act, and join the first wave of innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders to form The BlackOut Collective – committed to supporting each other by making spaces for us by us; to live, to thrive, to be, to grow.
Work with a specially selected group of Black queer men. Men with different skills, from different places, with diverse experiences, all committed to collaborating with each other for at least one year, to shape our shared futures. The BlackOut Collective will break new ground by building assets for our communities, increasing our resilience, organising our resistance, and utilising our creativity and commitment.
Express solidarity, create new experiences, grasp positive opportunities, learn new skills, and establish new relationships by applying to join.
- Share in a bespoke, 6-month personal and
community development programme
- Including a residential development weekend
- Action learning
- Expert learning exchanges with leading entrepreneurs, policymakers, artists and decision-makers
- Challenge yourself and motivate others to create meaningful change for Black queer men in the UK
- Gain access to skills development and paid work
- Co-design an innovative online work collaboration platform,
- Extend your business and social networks
- exclusive BlackOut Collective offers
- Pilot new digital tech, work with others to create exciting live events, and produce new, relevant digital and media content
- Bring their networks, skills, and initiative to address the needs and aspirations of Black queer men in the UK, demonstrating new ways of community organising that value our lived experience as expertise
- Become full voting members of the BlackOutUK Community Interest Company
- Make space for us, by us
We are recruiting up to 25 members to The BlackOut Collective for 2019/20
Members will work in small task groups and, with support from BlackOut’s directors, funders, partners and networks, take responsibility for an area of organisational development over the next 6 months (July 2019 – January 2020).
Members will have the option to extend their involvement beyond six months; working with us to deliver on BlackOut’s and community members’ visions for the future of our community throughout 2020.
Learning from BlackOut’s 2016-18 pilot phase, we have identified the following areas for Collective members to choose from – no previous experience necessary, but all insight is welcome. When applying, choose an area based either on skills that you already have, areas that are of interest, or about which you are keen to learn. We will develop support for training/skills development based on the needs and interests of the participants.
- Governance, Finance and Fundraising
- Health and Wellbeing
- Community Learning and Mentoring
- Digital Community and Media
- Networks, Events and Social
- Creative Arts
- Social Enterprise, Wealth and Work
How to apply
Complete this short application form and upload your CV by noon Wednesday 19th June
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch or,
if you would like to meet some of the other potential members of the BlackOut Collective, join us at a central London drop-in on Fri 14th June